Skip to main content

A Slight Transformation

So I'm sitting here procrastinating homework, the usual, I really need a spring break, but anyhow, I was looking through some pictures and I found this. This is a picture of my sisters and I last Christmas break (Dec 2011)
And this is a picture of me and my sisters from this past Christmas break one year later (Dec 2012):
A lot is the same between these two pictures. We're the same four sisters. Other than Abby and I swapping places we're standing in the exact same order. Both were taken at my grandparents' house in Virginia while I was on break from BYU. And these three girls are still my three dearest friends in the world.

At the same time, a lot has changed. We've grown a little bit, both as people and in height (well except for me). Amy got accepted to BYU (YES!), Abby started middle school, Jenn's become a little singing star! I decided what to do with my life and began pursuing a degree in Elementary Education. The biggest change between these pictures in my life is that I am 30 pounds lighter in the second picture than I was in the first. This was such a big accomplishment for me. I learned discipline in terms of eating. I also developed a love for exercise, which up until that point in my life I absolutely LOATHED. I began a healthy lifestyle, that I am proud to say that I am still maintaining and hope to maintain for the rest of my life! Best of all, I gained confidence in myself and in my appearance. I can't even remember the last time I'd felt confident in my appearance before I lost the weight. It feels incredible. I am so thankful for all those who supported me in this achievement. Finally, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for hearing my prayers and giving me the strength I needed to reach this goal. I'm so thankful that he helped me become one HUGE step closer to seeing myself the way that he sees me!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never, Ever, Ever, Give Up

           I remember when I was 8 years old, I joined our neighborhood pool's swim team. To say that I was an AWFUL swimmer from the beginning of my ill-fated swimming career was an understatement. For starters, my dive into the pool was basically a glorified jump with my arms over my head. I remember we would get ribbons the Monday after a meet for each event that we had placed in. If you didn't place in any of your events, you got this yellow ribbon that said "Good Swim" on it. I had a nice collection of those "Good Swim" ribbons by the end of that season, but it didn't curb my enthusiasm in the slightest. I loved swimming and even though I was the slowest one in my age group and my three younger sisters could each swim circles around me, I went to every practice, gave it my all, and even started swimming year round.           No matter how hard I practiced and trained, I never became a great swimmer. The older I got, the more...

Until We Meet Again

           On Friday, my Grandma Freeman passed away. She was almost 90 years old and lived a long, full life. She was kind, loving, a hard worker, and fiercely loyal. She taught elementary school, and I've always loved the fact that both of my grandmas were teachers, and good ones at that. We joke in our family that teaching runs in our blood, and it's an honor to be able to carry on her legacy.            For most of the years I was growing up, she lived in New York, in the small, small town of Hornell. My dad would take us on weekend trips to visit during the summers. In fact my first time driving on the highway with my learner's permit was on the way up to visit them one summer, and I remember proudly announcing that when we walked into the house. We would always start off our visits with a trip to the ONLY restaurant in town (Pizza Hut) and then stop by the ONLY grocery store in town (Wegman's) for ice cream to take home,...

Life Changes and New Adventures

          I thought that I had the next couple of years of my life all figured out. I am a prime example of a chronic over-thinker, and the queen of the pro/con list. I had carefully thought out every recent decision I had made. I was settled at the school where I had been working, I had a good apartment and ward, and I had just been accepted to a 2 year long Master's of Education program, which would fulfill one of my long term goals. Yet something still felt off. Despite the fact that I thought I had a good direction in my life, I felt confused and unsettled. It felt like I was trapped inside a box. I would walk in one direction, hit the wall of the box only to turn in another direction and hit another wall.          The problem was, I just could not figure out what it was that wasn't right. I started taking the long way driving home from work each day and praying about my concerns. It took a couple of weeks of this before seemingly o...