Skip to main content

It's the Little Things

      So I work at the Scoreboard Grill in the Cougar Eat. Today in our store it was 90 degrees. Yes, 90 degrees. At one point, my awesome co-worker Brook goes,"I just opened the freezer and it changed my life." To which I replied, "It's the little things, right?" I realized that this week has been really great, not because of anything huge, just a bunch of little things!

-The weather has been BEAUTIFUL. Like, it's been in the 60's and sunny all week long.
-My ward went snow tubing at Soldier Hollow, which probably sounds crazy after that last sentence, but it was a blast!
-I got to talk to both of my parents.
-I did really well on three midterms, and got my first 100 on a test in all of college! It was the greatest moment of my life.
-I got two e-mails from my cousin Matthew and a letter from my friend Aaron who are both serving missions!
-I made the most delicious chicken and it changed my life.
-I got to wear sundresses to school two days in a row.
-One of my classes yesterday got cancelled, and my 3 hour Thursday night class got out 40 minutes early.
Life is so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never, Ever, Ever, Give Up

           I remember when I was 8 years old, I joined our neighborhood pool's swim team. To say that I was an AWFUL swimmer from the beginning of my ill-fated swimming career was an understatement. For starters, my dive into the pool was basically a glorified jump with my arms over my head. I remember we would get ribbons the Monday after a meet for each event that we had placed in. If you didn't place in any of your events, you got this yellow ribbon that said "Good Swim" on it. I had a nice collection of those "Good Swim" ribbons by the end of that season, but it didn't curb my enthusiasm in the slightest. I loved swimming and even though I was the slowest one in my age group and my three younger sisters could each swim circles around me, I went to every practice, gave it my all, and even started swimming year round.           No matter how hard I practiced and trained, I never became a great swimmer. The older I got, the more...

Until We Meet Again

           On Friday, my Grandma Freeman passed away. She was almost 90 years old and lived a long, full life. She was kind, loving, a hard worker, and fiercely loyal. She taught elementary school, and I've always loved the fact that both of my grandmas were teachers, and good ones at that. We joke in our family that teaching runs in our blood, and it's an honor to be able to carry on her legacy.            For most of the years I was growing up, she lived in New York, in the small, small town of Hornell. My dad would take us on weekend trips to visit during the summers. In fact my first time driving on the highway with my learner's permit was on the way up to visit them one summer, and I remember proudly announcing that when we walked into the house. We would always start off our visits with a trip to the ONLY restaurant in town (Pizza Hut) and then stop by the ONLY grocery store in town (Wegman's) for ice cream to take home,...

Life Changes and New Adventures

          I thought that I had the next couple of years of my life all figured out. I am a prime example of a chronic over-thinker, and the queen of the pro/con list. I had carefully thought out every recent decision I had made. I was settled at the school where I had been working, I had a good apartment and ward, and I had just been accepted to a 2 year long Master's of Education program, which would fulfill one of my long term goals. Yet something still felt off. Despite the fact that I thought I had a good direction in my life, I felt confused and unsettled. It felt like I was trapped inside a box. I would walk in one direction, hit the wall of the box only to turn in another direction and hit another wall.          The problem was, I just could not figure out what it was that wasn't right. I started taking the long way driving home from work each day and praying about my concerns. It took a couple of weeks of this before seemingly o...