Skip to main content

He is Risen

I'm pretty excited about Easter tomorrow. Mostly because I get to FINALLY open the Easter package from my family that's been sitting in my closet since WEDNESDAY. The anticipation has been killing me. Just a little. Yeah I'm 19, but I still like presents! Jenn told me that she picked everything out and that one thing is CUTE and the other is AWESOME. I'm also supposed to call and thank her specifically for the package after I open it! Funny, funny girl. Anyways, I promise cute little presents aren't the real reason why I love Easter, just an added bonus!

Yesterday morning, I woke up and got ready for work, which on Fridays since I have no classes which is literally the best and I highly recommend it, consists of throwing my hair in a ponytail, putting on yoga pants and a t-shirt, throwing my work uniform in a bag, eating breakfast, and walking out the door. Yesterday I woke up a little earlier than usual, so I had some extra time. I decided instead of doing what I usually do when I get ready early, i.e. browsing my Facebook news feed and checking out what's new on Pinterest, I would do something a little more, shall we say, beneficial. I decided in honor of Good Friday I would watch this video, a clip from one of my all time favorite General Conference talks. Let's be honest, Elder Holland gives the best conference talks. Don't we all feel like this when they announce that he's next to speak? I vividly remember that when this talk was given was one of the first times I really paid attention and learned from a Conference talk. Christ's Atonement humbles me each and every day. I have seen it work in seemingly small in the grand scheme of things, but truly miraculous ways in my life. It gives me the chance to make mistakes and be forgiven of them and learn from them. It has an enabling power that can give me strength when I need it. Through it, I gained the truest friend that I will ever have. He will never let me down and he will ALWAYS understand what I am going through, because he went through it first. As Elder Holland said, "One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Christ walked that path so utterly alone, we don't have to." It's true and I love that! The thing I love the most about Easter is that it is focused on Christ's resurrection. He was crucified for us, and then he conquered death. I am so thankful that because he was crucified and rose again on the third day, we will all be able to be resurrected one day. It gives me so much hope and a desire to rise to my full potential during this life and be the person that God designed me to become.  I am so thankful that I have Christ's perfect example to look up to. I love him and strive each day to be more like him. Not a day goes by when I do not need the Atonement, and I am so grateful for it! Happy Easter everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never, Ever, Ever, Give Up

           I remember when I was 8 years old, I joined our neighborhood pool's swim team. To say that I was an AWFUL swimmer from the beginning of my ill-fated swimming career was an understatement. For starters, my dive into the pool was basically a glorified jump with my arms over my head. I remember we would get ribbons the Monday after a meet for each event that we had placed in. If you didn't place in any of your events, you got this yellow ribbon that said "Good Swim" on it. I had a nice collection of those "Good Swim" ribbons by the end of that season, but it didn't curb my enthusiasm in the slightest. I loved swimming and even though I was the slowest one in my age group and my three younger sisters could each swim circles around me, I went to every practice, gave it my all, and even started swimming year round.           No matter how hard I practiced and trained, I never became a great swimmer. The older I got, the more...

Until We Meet Again

           On Friday, my Grandma Freeman passed away. She was almost 90 years old and lived a long, full life. She was kind, loving, a hard worker, and fiercely loyal. She taught elementary school, and I've always loved the fact that both of my grandmas were teachers, and good ones at that. We joke in our family that teaching runs in our blood, and it's an honor to be able to carry on her legacy.            For most of the years I was growing up, she lived in New York, in the small, small town of Hornell. My dad would take us on weekend trips to visit during the summers. In fact my first time driving on the highway with my learner's permit was on the way up to visit them one summer, and I remember proudly announcing that when we walked into the house. We would always start off our visits with a trip to the ONLY restaurant in town (Pizza Hut) and then stop by the ONLY grocery store in town (Wegman's) for ice cream to take home,...

Life Changes and New Adventures

          I thought that I had the next couple of years of my life all figured out. I am a prime example of a chronic over-thinker, and the queen of the pro/con list. I had carefully thought out every recent decision I had made. I was settled at the school where I had been working, I had a good apartment and ward, and I had just been accepted to a 2 year long Master's of Education program, which would fulfill one of my long term goals. Yet something still felt off. Despite the fact that I thought I had a good direction in my life, I felt confused and unsettled. It felt like I was trapped inside a box. I would walk in one direction, hit the wall of the box only to turn in another direction and hit another wall.          The problem was, I just could not figure out what it was that wasn't right. I started taking the long way driving home from work each day and praying about my concerns. It took a couple of weeks of this before seemingly o...