Skip to main content

Sunday Posts

I've made a new goal for myself to write a blog post at the very least every Sunday. I'm terrible about journal writing, so I think this is a good goal and I'll do my best to stick to it!

In my head, this week was going to be terrible. I had two midterms this week one of which was for Physical Science the worst class in the world. I was completely and utterly stressed about it. I seriously was just straight up convinced that I was going to fail. Nonetheless, I went to the review session and studied like crazy. I decided I would take the test on Saturday morning. I got up and went to the gym with my friend Sam (more about my new attempt at a healthy life later), and then we both went to the Testing Center together to take our tests. As I sat there, I said a silent prayer before I started the test. As I was taking I felt that I was really understanding each question. I was focused and read each question closely and was feeling pretty confident. I turned in my test, descended the walk of torture between the testing room and the T.V. screen and when I looked up at my score, I saw that I had gotten a B!! I was beyond excited! I know that I did not get that B on my own. I had the help of my Heavenly Father the entire time that I was taking that test. He helped me to stay calm and focused, and to recall the information that I had learned and studied. It never ceases to amaze me that despite the fact that there are billions of people on this Earth, he knows me individually. He is so willing to help me when I ask, and for that I am so grateful.

Another highlight of this week was going snow tubing at Soldier's Hollow with my ward! It was a blast! My friends and I had so much fun both on our 45 minute car ride and the actual tubing! It was such an awesome ward activity! It was freezing, but we were having way too much fun to notice!

Yesterday was a day of sports! We went to the men's basketball game which they won! To top it all off, it was the one and the only Jimmer Fredette's birthday yesterday! He came and talked to the crowd during halftime and everyone went nuts! We got a free poster, so the sexy basketball team now hangs on my wall next to the sexy men's volleyball team! What more could a girl want? We went to the men's volleyball game last night which they lost, but they're hot so it's okay. All around, a great day!

Finally, I along with my two good friends Samantha and Alyssa are working on getting in shape! We made a work out plan and set some rules for nutrition! We worked out every single day this week, minus Sunday for obvious reasons, and I've felt so great! I've been eating healthier and it's awesome! I'm so glad that we're doing it together so that we can motivate each other! woo!

So that's my week in a nutshell. Get siked for next week to hear more about my oober exciting life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never, Ever, Ever, Give Up

           I remember when I was 8 years old, I joined our neighborhood pool's swim team. To say that I was an AWFUL swimmer from the beginning of my ill-fated swimming career was an understatement. For starters, my dive into the pool was basically a glorified jump with my arms over my head. I remember we would get ribbons the Monday after a meet for each event that we had placed in. If you didn't place in any of your events, you got this yellow ribbon that said "Good Swim" on it. I had a nice collection of those "Good Swim" ribbons by the end of that season, but it didn't curb my enthusiasm in the slightest. I loved swimming and even though I was the slowest one in my age group and my three younger sisters could each swim circles around me, I went to every practice, gave it my all, and even started swimming year round.           No matter how hard I practiced and trained, I never became a great swimmer. The older I got, the more...

Until We Meet Again

           On Friday, my Grandma Freeman passed away. She was almost 90 years old and lived a long, full life. She was kind, loving, a hard worker, and fiercely loyal. She taught elementary school, and I've always loved the fact that both of my grandmas were teachers, and good ones at that. We joke in our family that teaching runs in our blood, and it's an honor to be able to carry on her legacy.            For most of the years I was growing up, she lived in New York, in the small, small town of Hornell. My dad would take us on weekend trips to visit during the summers. In fact my first time driving on the highway with my learner's permit was on the way up to visit them one summer, and I remember proudly announcing that when we walked into the house. We would always start off our visits with a trip to the ONLY restaurant in town (Pizza Hut) and then stop by the ONLY grocery store in town (Wegman's) for ice cream to take home,...

Life Changes and New Adventures

          I thought that I had the next couple of years of my life all figured out. I am a prime example of a chronic over-thinker, and the queen of the pro/con list. I had carefully thought out every recent decision I had made. I was settled at the school where I had been working, I had a good apartment and ward, and I had just been accepted to a 2 year long Master's of Education program, which would fulfill one of my long term goals. Yet something still felt off. Despite the fact that I thought I had a good direction in my life, I felt confused and unsettled. It felt like I was trapped inside a box. I would walk in one direction, hit the wall of the box only to turn in another direction and hit another wall.          The problem was, I just could not figure out what it was that wasn't right. I started taking the long way driving home from work each day and praying about my concerns. It took a couple of weeks of this before seemingly o...