Skip to main content

ROAD TRIP 2013

So since last year's cross country road trip wasn't enough, we decided to take ANOTHER ONE this year! Only this time, my dad decided to rent a car, which ended up being a LITTLE smaller than we would have hoped! We managed to be comfortable enough though and woke up bright and early two Saturdays ago to start off on our adventure! We spent the day driving from Virginia to Kansas, watching lots of movies and episodes of How I Met Your Mother of course! We got to Kansas around 10, and Jonathan took Amy and I on a brief tour of Kansas, with an essential stop at Sonic for drinks of course! The next morning we went to church with the Shipps! We had a great time getting ready while Jonathan blasted his favorite song, "Mary Did You Know?" on repeat! I mean it's never to early to start the Christmas season! He is too funny. Everyone in the Shipp's ward was so nice and friendly, we loved it! We spent the rest of the day just hanging out and enjoying a delicious dinner that Sue made for us! The next morning, we hit the road extra early and finally made it! We couldn't have been happier to see that "WELCOME TO UTAH" sign! Typical of our family, our first stop in Utah was at Cafe Rio! In our defense, we didn't see any other places around and we were really hungry! Then we headed to my mom's cousin Missy and her husband Frank's house! They are the nicest people and we love staying with them! On Tuesday, we explored Temple Square, and as per tradition drove past Grandma Great's old house! On Wednesday we got Amy all moved into her dorm! Her roommate is so cute and she just fit right in at BYU right away! After we got her all settled, my parents and I drove up to Sundance resort and explored a bit! It is absolutely GORGEOUS up there!I couldn't move into my apartment until Thursday, so I drove back down to Murray with my parents! We stopped at Dodo's Restaurant, my Grandma Shipp's favorite, on the way back and it was delicious! On Thursday I got all moved in to my apartment and ran a bunch of last minute errands with my parents! They were awesome and bought groceries for me and it was great. On Friday, my parents took my lovely roommate Alyssa and I to lunch and then we picked Amy up for a little adventure to the DI to find Alyssa and I a cheap TV! We were very successful, it was only $20! After the fam hung out at my apartment for a bit, we said our see ya laters! It was such a great trip!




                                                         Sundance is too gorgeous!
                                                  Janessa, Amy, me, and Brigham Young!
                                                          We love Temple Square!
                                                      MoTab here we come!



                                        I hope BYU can handle TWO of the Freeman sisters!

                                                  I love my wonderful roommate Alyssa!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Until We Meet Again

           On Friday, my Grandma Freeman passed away. She was almost 90 years old and lived a long, full life. She was kind, loving, a hard worker, and fiercely loyal. She taught elementary school, and I've always loved the fact that both of my grandmas were teachers, and good ones at that. We joke in our family that teaching runs in our blood, and it's an honor to be able to carry on her legacy.            For most of the years I was growing up, she lived in New York, in the small, small town of Hornell. My dad would take us on weekend trips to visit during the summers. In fact my first time driving on the highway with my learner's permit was on the way up to visit them one summer, and I remember proudly announcing that when we walked into the house. We would always start off our visits with a trip to the ONLY restaurant in town (Pizza Hut) and then stop by the ONLY grocery store in town (Wegman's) for ice cream to take home,...

Never, Ever, Ever, Give Up

           I remember when I was 8 years old, I joined our neighborhood pool's swim team. To say that I was an AWFUL swimmer from the beginning of my ill-fated swimming career was an understatement. For starters, my dive into the pool was basically a glorified jump with my arms over my head. I remember we would get ribbons the Monday after a meet for each event that we had placed in. If you didn't place in any of your events, you got this yellow ribbon that said "Good Swim" on it. I had a nice collection of those "Good Swim" ribbons by the end of that season, but it didn't curb my enthusiasm in the slightest. I loved swimming and even though I was the slowest one in my age group and my three younger sisters could each swim circles around me, I went to every practice, gave it my all, and even started swimming year round.           No matter how hard I practiced and trained, I never became a great swimmer. The older I got, the more...

Life Changes and New Adventures

          I thought that I had the next couple of years of my life all figured out. I am a prime example of a chronic over-thinker, and the queen of the pro/con list. I had carefully thought out every recent decision I had made. I was settled at the school where I had been working, I had a good apartment and ward, and I had just been accepted to a 2 year long Master's of Education program, which would fulfill one of my long term goals. Yet something still felt off. Despite the fact that I thought I had a good direction in my life, I felt confused and unsettled. It felt like I was trapped inside a box. I would walk in one direction, hit the wall of the box only to turn in another direction and hit another wall.          The problem was, I just could not figure out what it was that wasn't right. I started taking the long way driving home from work each day and praying about my concerns. It took a couple of weeks of this before seemingly o...